I love this Decoupage Terra cotta project 'cause you can use any napkin design you'd like to make it unique for weddings, holidays or even just everyday like I did! It took me a few tries to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, it's super easy!
What You'll Need
- If you're painting a standard TerraCotta Pot, it's a good idea to put down a base coat of waterproof sealer on the inside and out! You'll then paint the entire pot and let dry before applying the Mod Podge.
- Separate the top layer of the napkin from the bottom.You can cut up your napkin pieces anyway you'd like (or not at all!), but I liked the look of the rough edges when tearing them.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge. Place the pieces where you'd like. You might need to smooth it down in some areas.
- Apply Mod Podge to the edges to secure.
- Repeat as many times as you'd like!
- Let dry completely, then add another thin layer of Mod Podge all over.
- The Outdoor Mod Podge is water-resistant, not waterproof. So it's a good idea to add a final layer of waterproof sealer to the outside and inside of the pot!
Wanna Learn more?
How to Decoupage and Weather proof a Clay Pot - Patioelf - She shows how to completely waterproof and weather proof!
DIY Craft Tutorial: How To Decoupage With Fabric And Mod Podge - The O'Neil Sisters - They show how to decoupage with fabric! Looks more complicated but might have to try it!
Top 5 Decoupage tips to avoid Wrinkles w Napkins! - Patioelf - At about 11 minutes in she shows a good trick with saran wrap to avoid creases and wrinkles!